This recipe is a treat for me to share. I know the limitations that come with eating gluten-free and that's why I challenge my gluten-free flour mixes to make more recipes.
I made these cake-like donuts with my Perfect Pie Crust Mix. These miniature donuts remind me of a snickerdoodle cookie but in a donut. When dipped in melted butter and rolled in cinnamon-sugar are so flavorful they melt in your mouth.
In finalizing my recipe, I asked my mom and sister for their opinions. In my mom’s words, "These are scrump-dilicious!” and my sister added, “You can't have just one!” This is a simple donut recipe, but it's a yummy treat for any time of the year.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly oil mini donut pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and mix until just combined (mixture will look curdled).
- In a medium bowl, combine the baking powder, salt and pie crust mix. Stir until combined. Add dry mixture into the mixing bowl and beat together.
- Using a mini donut pan, transfer donut batter into a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip or into a ziplock baggie with the tip cut off. Pipe into the pan only filling 1/2 of the way fill. If using the mini muffin pan, fill each well 1/2 full
- Bake at 350ºF for 18 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before dipping in topping.
- Melt the butter for the topping and set aside. Combine the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Dip each donut lightly in the melted butter then roll in cinnamon and sugar. Happy eating!
Did you make this recipe? Use hashtag #minusg to share your photos. We'd love to see your creations. And be sure to tag @minusgbaking on Instagram. Happy baking!