Prep: 15 min. Bake: 18 min. Makes: 1 dozen donuts
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted or dairy-free butter
- ⅔ c. sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 large egg (or egg substitute of 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tablespoon water and 1 tablespoon of vinegar)
- ½ c. pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. soda
- 1½ tsp. pumpkin spice
- pinch salt
- 1½ c. Perfect Pie Crust Mix
- 1½ c. powdered sugar
- 5-7 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
You will need a donut or muffin pan.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease donut or muffin pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl melt butter. Add sugar and stir together with a fork. (sugar will start to dissolve). Add the egg and pumpkin puree and whisk together.
- In a medium bowl, combine the baking powder, soda, pumpkin pie spice, salt and pie crust mix. Mix until combined. Scoop the dry mixture into the milk & butter mixture and stir together with a fork starting in the center until all dry ingredients are combined and batter is smooth (no lumps). The batter will be thick.
- Spoon donut batter into a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip or into a ziplock baggie with the tip cut off. Pipe batter into the donut ring until full. If using the muffin pan, fill each well ½ full.
- Bake at 350ºF for 18 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before dipping in topping.
- Prepare glaze in a medium bowl. Stir together powdered sugar, syrup and vanilla until smooth. (no lumps). Place a cooling rack on sheet of wax paper to collect drippings. Dip donuts in to the glaze to coat one side.
- Serve immediately. Donuts the next day, microwave 10-15 seconds and re-glaze if desired. Donuts will soften like they were fresh-baked.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to see your creations. Tag @minusgbaking on Instagram or @MinusGBakingCo on Facebook. Happy baking!