Apple Streusel Muffins
Makes 18 muffins or 1lb loaf
- 1½ cup MinusG’s Scrumptious Muffin Mix
- 1½ cups apples chopped
- 1 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 x-large eggs or see substitute
- ⅓ cup melted butter or oil
- 2 tsp. GF vanilla extract (McCormick's)
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
Streusel Crumb Topping
- 6 Tbsp. MinusG's The Perfect Pie Crust Mix
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- ½ tsp. GF vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin tin or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, peel and chop apples into small bite-sized pieces. Add sugar, eggs melted butter and vanilla to the apples and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, combing the muffin mix, cinnamon and nutmeg and spoon over apple mixture.
- Stir together. To avoid clumps of flour, stir the center first until the floury mix has blended into the apple mixture. Scrape the flour off the sides towards the center and stir until fully mixed together.
- In a separate bowl add streusel ingredients. Stir together with a spatula; it will be thick and will crumble into dime or pea-size pieces. Set aside.
- Fill the muffin cups ⅔ full with batter and sprinkle tops generously with streusel. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 350°F and continue baking for another 7-10 minutes or until toothpick, inserted into the center, comes out clean. *(Oven temps may vary bake-times)
- Cool muffins in the tin for 2-5 minutes. Remove from tin and cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!
*** Baking a Loaf? Set oven temp to 350°F and bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick, inserted into the center, comes out clean.