Everything you've dreamed about in a biscuit is right here! These are the most tender gluten-free biscuits you'll find and they are made with our Pie Crust Mix. The key is to not over mix the dough. This will give you light and flaky layers every time. We recommend serving them piping hot with honey, jam or a light slather of butter.
*Baker's note: Dairy free? We recommend substituting Earth Balance or Country Crock Avocado Butter. Any milk of choice works.
Light & Flaky Biscuits
Makes 6 biscuits
- 1½ cups MinusG’s Pie Crust Mix
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder (corn-free baking powder recipe)
- 4 Tbsp cold butter chips or grated butter
- 2 eggs or egg replacer (if omitting egg replacer, add an additional 1 tsp baking powder and 5 Tbsp milk of choice.)
- ¼ cup milk or milk substitute
- tapioca starch or starch of choice for shaping dough.
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pie crust mix, sea salt and baking powder. Cut in cold butter chips until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Whisk together egg and milk. Add to dry ingredients.
- With a large spoon stir mixture quickly, just until it is blended and begins to mass and form a sticky dough. (If dough appears dry, add 1 tablespoon additional milk.)
- Turn dough onto a surface dusted lightly with tapioca starch. Sprinkle tapioca starch over the dough and press together until cohesive ball of dough forms.
- Flatten dough to 1/2 - 3/4-inch thickness with you hands or a dusted rolling pin. Dust a 2 1/2- or 3-inch biscuit cutter with starch and stamp out rounds or cut into squares.
- Place on a lightly greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, 9-11 minutes. Serve warm.
*For a cinnamon twist, add 1½ tsp sugar and ¼ tsp cinnamon to the dough. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar and bake. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to see your creations. Tag @minusgbaking on Instagram or @MinusGBakingCo on Facebook. Happy baking!