White Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are so MOIST! These muffins are quick and simple. I like including the walnuts because they add more depth to the flavor. If you are nut-free, try substituting them with your favorite seed. Happy baking!
White Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Makes 18 muffins or 1lb loaf
- 1½ c. ripe bananas mashed (approx 3 bananas)
- ¾ c. plus 2 Tbsp. sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 x-large eggs or see substitute
- ⅓ c. melted butter or oil
- 2 tsp GF vanilla extract (McCormick's)
- 1½ c. MinusG’s Scrumptious Muffin Mix
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ c. white chocolate chips
- 1 c. chopped walnuts or go nut free with sunflower or pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin tin or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas into small bite-sized pieces. Add sugar, eggs melted butter and vanilla to the bananas and mix together.
- Combine the muffin mix, cinnamon and white chocolate chips in a medium bowl and pour over banana mixture.
- Start stiring at the center until the flour has blended into the banana mixture. Continue stirring until only the flour remains on the outer edge. With a fork, scrape the flour off the sides towards the center and stir until fully mixed together. Stir in nuts or seeds if using.
- Fill the muffin cups ⅔ full and bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 350°F and continue baking for another 7-10 minutes or until toothpick, inserted into the center, comes out clean. *(Oven temps may vary bake-times)
- Cool muffins in the tin for 5 minutes. Remove from tin and cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!
*** Baking a Loaf? Set oven temp to 350°F and bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick, inserted into the center, comes out clean.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to see your creations. Tag @minusgbaking on Instagram or @MinusGBakingCo on Facebook. Happy baking!