Golden waffles—with crispy edges, soft centers, and an irresistible buttery flavor—create the perfect balance that will satisfy any waffle craving! These easy-to-make waffles are topped with bananas, crushed walnuts, bourbon-flavored maple syrup and a dollop of whipped cream. Or you can make it with real bourbon and served hot off the iron, mmmm, I can taste them now!
Prep: 10 min. Cook Time: 5 min.
Make: 3-4 waffles
- 1 c. Aunt Katherine's Yummy Pancake & Waffle Mix
- ½ c. milk*
- 1 egg*
- 2 tbsp melted butter*
- sliced bananas
- crushed walnuts
- whipped cream
- warm bourbon-flavored maple syrup
Homemade Bourbon Maple Syrup
- ½ c. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp bourbon whiskey
- Whisk together milk, egg, and melted butter. Add the pancake and waffle mix and stir until well blended.
- Heat waffle iron and grease it when warm.
- Pour about ½ cup of waffle batter for each waffle.
- Cook according to settings, about 2-3 minutes or until bottom is light golden brown and edges begin to crisp.
- Top and serve