Today I'm roasting up a batch of pecans for my carrot cake cupcakes. Roasted pecans make a great addition to our carrot cake cupcakes, fresh salads, sweet potato casserole, noodle dishes, or even a big bowl of oatmeal drizzled with maple syrup. The warm nutty flavor is so good and they are perfect for the upcoming holidays.
- ½ pound pecan halves
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place pecan halves on a half sheet pan or cookie sheet, being sure to spread evenly on the pan.
- Break pats of butter into small pieces and place on pecan halves.
- Sprinkle salt all over the pecans.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then stir gently, turning the pecans as you stir.
- Cook another 5-8 minutes, watching carefully to make sure they do not over brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to see your creations. Tag @minusgbaking on Instagram or @MinusGBakingCo on Facebook. Happy baking!