These are the most CHOCOLATEY gluten-free Zucchini Muffins. They're soft, decadently-rich, and healthy bites that are loaded with flavor! You won't want to stop at just one!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Makes 14 muffins.
- 1 bag MinusG’s The Best Ever Chocolate Cake Mix
- ¼ tsp slightly rounded ground cinnamon (I use Penzeys Vietnamese Cinnamon)
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs or egg substitute
- 1¾ -2 cups shredded zucchini
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter or oil
- 2 tsp GF vanilla extract (McCormick's)
- Extra chocolate chips to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin tin or line with paper cups.
- Combine the chocolate cake mix, cinnamon, baking powder and chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in zucchini, vanilla and melted butter or oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture: stir until mixed together.*
- Using a large cookie scoop, fill muffin cups with batter and top with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 350°F and continue baking for another 10-12 minutes or until toothpick, inserted into the center comes out clean. (Oven temps may vary bake time)
- Leave hot muffins to cool in the tin 3-5 minutes. Remove and cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!
*Try adding ½ cup of your favorite nuts, chopped, for another variation.
Did you make this recipe? Use hashtag #minusg to share your photos. We'd love to see your creations. And be sure to tag @minusgbaking on Instagram. Happy baking!