Backyard BBQ’s or simply grilling out your favorite dinners are a great way to enjoy a summer meal. We’ve received multiple requests on how to grill our pizza, so here it is — the step-by-step instructions.
If this is your first time grilling pizza, it is not hard once you get the hang of it. The high heat of the grill makes it some of the best pizza you’ll ever eat!
The key to grilling pizza is having everything ready to go - all the toppings, sauce, and cheese. When grilling pizza, you top it while it's on the grill. Watch the video below to see how it all comes together.
How to make the Best Grilled Gluten-Free Pizza:
Makes: Two 12" thin-crust pizzas
What you will need:
- 1 10oz pkg of MinusG Pizza Crust Mix (if you have the family size, one recipe - half bag)
- ½ to 1 cup of pizza sauce
- Cheese, torn, grated or shredded.
- Toppings such as herbs, thinly sliced veggies, pepperoni, diced tomatoes or micro greens
- Olive oil
- Grill mat or pizza pan
- Prepare the Grill: Heat the grill to 400°F.
- Gather your toppings: Place sauce, cheese and toppings on a table or bench near the grill.
- Have your tools handy: You will want a pair of long metal tongs, a hot pad or oven mitt, and a spatula.
- Prepare your dough: Make the dough according to the directions on the bag and grease a grill mat or pizza pan. Scoop half of the dough onto the prepared mat or pan. Sprinkle dough with starch (tapioca or corn starch) and press into desired shape. Brush the top lightly with olive oil.
- Grill the pizza: Open the lid of the grill and place the mat or pan on the hot grates. Close the lid and cook for 2-4 minutes. Using a metal spatula and hot pad, flip the pizza dough over on the mat. If using a pan, flip onto the hot grates and remove the pan and immediately add your toppings.
- Top the pizza: Top the pizza quickly by spreading a thin layer of sauce, some cheese and toppings. Make sure it’s not too heavily loaded or the pizza will not cook well.
- Cook the pizza: Close the lid and cook for another 2 minutes. The edges should be crispy and the cheese should be melted. If the cheese needs more time to melt, remove it from the grill and broil 30 seconds.
- Serve: Remove pizza from the grill using the spatula or tongs. Slice and serve.