Backyard BBQ’s or simply grilling out your favorite dinners are a great way to enjoy a summer meal. We’ve received multiple requests on how to grill our pizza, so here it is; the step-by-step instructions.
If this is your first time grilling pizza, it is not hard once you get the hang of it. The high heat of the grill makes it some of the best pizza you’ll ever eat!
The key to grilling pizza is having everything ready to go - all the toppings, sauce and cheese. When grilling pizza, you top it while it's on the grill.
How to make the Best Grilled Gluten-Free Pizza:
Makes: Two 12" thin-crust pizzas
What you will need:
- 1 10oz pkg of MinusG Pizza Crust Mix (if you have the family size, make one recipe.)
- ½ to 1 cup of pizza sauce
- Cheese, torn, grated or shredded.
- Toppings such as herbs, thinly sliced veggies, pepperoni, diced tomatoes or micro greens
- Olive Oil
- Pizza pan
- Prepare the Grill: Heat the grill. It should be quite hot; aim for about 550°F.
- Gather your toppings: Place sauce, cheese and toppings on a table or bench near the grill.
- Have your tools handy: You will want a pair of long metal tongs, a hot pad or oven mitt, and a spatula.
- Prepare your dough: Grease a pizza pan. Drop about ¼ to ⅓ of the dough and using tapioca starch (or corn starch) to press out the dough into a circle-like shape. Brush the top lightly with olive oil.
- Grill the pizza: Open the lid of the grill and place the pan on the hot grates. Let cook for about 1 minute with the lid off. Using a metal spatula and hot pad, transfer the pizza dough onto the hot grates and remove the pan. Cook about 1 more minute; looking for grill marks, not crispy, but set. Use the tongs to see how it is cooking.
- Top the pizza: Using metal tongs, flip dough over. You need to top the pizza quickly. Spread a thin layer of sauce, some cheese and toppings. Make sure it’s not too heavily loaded or the pizza will not cook well.
- Cook the pizza: Put the lid on and cook for about 3-5 minutes. If you sense it starting to scorch, take the lid off and turn the heat down.
- Remove cooked pizza: Open the lid and check the pizza. The edges should be crispy and well-done and the cheese should be melted. Remove the pizza from the grill using the spatula or tongs. Let cool about 3 minutes, then cut into pieces.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to see your creations. Tag @minusgbaking on Instagram or @MinusGBakingCo on Facebook. Happy baking!