These are the EASIEST and the most SCRUMPTIOUS gluten-free Banana Muffins. They're light, fluffy, yet quick and simple. If you are interested in teaching your kids how to cook, I suggest starting off with this fun recipe. These little bites are perfect for little hands.
Scrumptious Banana Muffins
Makes 12 muffins.
- 1½ cup MinusG’s Scrumptious Muffin Mix
- 1 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (I use Penzeys Vietnamese Cinnamon)
- 2 x-large eggs or egg substitute
- 1½ cups ripe bananas mashed (approx 3 bananas)
- ⅓ cup melted butter or oil
- 2 tsp GF vanilla extract (McCormick's)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin tin or line with paper cups.
- Combine the muffin mix and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in sugar, mashed bananas, vanilla and melted butter or oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture: stir until mixed together.
- Fill the muffin cups with batter and bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 350°F and continue baking for another 10-12 minutes or until toothpick, inserted into the center comes out clean. *(Oven temps may vary bake-times)
- Cool muffins in the tin for 5 minutes. Remove from tin and cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!
*Try adding ½ cup of chopped walnuts for another variation.