These are the easiness and the most scrumptious gluten-free banana muffins. They're quick and simple. If you are interested in teaching your kids how to cook, I suggest starting off with this fun recipe. These little bites are perfect for little hands. (This can be baked as a loaf too).
Makes 18 muffins or 1lb loaf
- 1½ cup MinusG’s Scrumptious Muffin Mix
- 1½ cups ripe bananas mashed (approx 3 bananas)
- 1 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 x-large eggs or see substitute
- ⅓ cup melted butter or oil
- 2 tsp GF vanilla extract (McCormick's)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin tin or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas into small bite-sized pieces. Add sugar, eggs melted butter and vanilla to the bananas and mix together.
- Combine the muffin mix and cinnamon in a medium bowl and pour over banana mixture.
- Stir in the center until the flour has blended into the banana mixture. Continue stirring until only the flour remains on the outer edge. With a fork, scrape the flour off the sides towards the center and stir until fully mixed together. Stir in walnuts.
- Fill the muffin cups ⅔ full and bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 350°F and continue baking for another 7-10 minutes or until toothpick, inserted into the center, comes out clean. *(Oven temps may vary bake-times)
- Cool muffins in the tin for 5 minutes. Remove from tin and cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!
*** Baking a Loaf? Set oven temp to 350°F and bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick, inserted into the center, comes out clean.
*Try adding ½ cup of chocolate chips for another variation.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to see your creations. Tag @minusgbaking on Instagram or @MinusGBakingCo on Facebook. Happy baking!