These rich and chocolatey melt-in-your-mouth centers are a perfect gluten-free surprise. We are delighted to bring this recipe to you and hope you enjoy this special treat made from our chocolate cake mix.
Molten Lava Cake
Makes 6 8oz cakes. (You can make 3 recipes from 1 chocolate cake mix)
- 3 oz. Baker's bittersweet chocolate bar
- 3 oz Baker's semi-sweet chocolate bar
- 1½ sticks butter
- 3 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1½ tsp GF vanilla
- ½ c. + 3 Tbsp. The Best Ever! Chocolate Cake Mix
- GF Vanilla Ice Cream
- GF Chocolate Sauce
- Heat oven to 450°.
- In a large bowl, melt butter and chocolate in the microwave for 1 min and stir until chocolate is disolved.
- Add powdered sugar, eggs and vanilla to chocolate mixture and whisk together.
- Mix in chocolate cake mix.
- Grease or spray 6 8oz ramekins and place onto a baking sheet. Evenly divide batter between ramekins - aprox. 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10 - 13 min. Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 1 min.
- Use a knife to loosen cake from edges and carefully turn each ramekins over onto a small serving plate. Ramekins will be hot.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream, drizzled with chocolate sauce and or fresh berries.