If you’ve been searching for the perfect brownie recipe, look no further. I promise you, this is it! Typically, brownie lovers fall into two camps: the “fudgy” and the “cakey.” I dare say these brownies are moist and fudgy in the center, and cakey and crisp on the surface and appeal to all, especially if you love coconut!
Coconut Macaroon Brownies
Makes 24 bars
- 1 bag MinusG's Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 stick butter
- 1 c. evaporated milk
- 1 12oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate-chips
- 1 tsp GF vanilla
Almond Coconut Topping
- 3 c. unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 c. slivered almonds
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1 can Eagle sweetened condensed milk
- ½ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ tsp sunflower oil
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease a foil lined 13x9-inch pan.
- Melt butter in a large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Add cake mix, vanilla and evaporated milk to the chocolate batter and whisk together. Batter will be thick
Spread batter in pan. Bake 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean.
- While brownies are baking, combine coconut, slivered almonds, extract and condensed milk together.
- Remove brownies from oven and carefully spread the coconut topping every over brownies.
- Bake 18 minutes longer. (coconut will not brown much)
- Let cool 1 1/2 hours.
- In a small bowl melt chocolate chips and oil. Drizzle across the tops of brownes.
- Trim off hardened edges before cutting. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to see your creations. Tag @minusgbaking on Instagram or @MinusGBakingCo on Facebook. Happy baking!