Handheld banana bread with toasted coconut. These muffins are perfect for snacking, breakfasting and especially perfect for toddler hands. A bite you'll love!
Coconut Banana Muffin Recipe
Makes 12 muffins, 1 9x4 Loaf, or 3 mini loaves.
- 1½ cup MinusG Simply Scrumptious Muffin Mix
- ½ cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 x-large eggs or egg substitute
- 1½ cups ripe bananas mashed (approx 3 bananas)
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or melted butter
- 2 tsp GF vanilla extract
- ½ cup sweetened coconut
- ½ cup sweetened coconut to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin pan.
- Measure out the muffin mix into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in sugar, mashed bananas, vanilla and melted butter or coconut oil.
- Add the dry ingredients into the egg mixture: stir until mixed together.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop into muffin pan and sprinkle the tops with extra sweetened coconut.
- Bake 10 minutes, then reduce oven to 350°F and continue baking for another 14-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
*Try adding 1 cup of chopped walnuts into the bread for another variation. Enjoy!