Lemon poppyseed muffins are a classic. Topped with a lemon glaze, this recipe is my absolute favorite! They are super moist and yummilicious! The sweet-tart lemony goodness in every bite will keep you coming back for more.
Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
Makes 12 -14 muffins.
- 1½ cup MinusG’s Scrumptious Muffin Mix
- ⅔ cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 stick butter or butter substitute, softened
- 2 x-large eggs or egg substitute, room temp
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Zest (approx 2 Lemons)
- ¾ cup sour cream or dairy-free sour cream
- 2 tsp GF vanilla extract (McCormick's)
- ½ Tbsp poppyseeds
- 1¾ - 2 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp of salted butter softened
- pinch of salt
- For a stronger lemon flavor; add the zest of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin tin or line with paper cups.
- Combine the muffin mix and poppyseeds in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Add eggs, lemon zest, sour cream and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Spoon dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat together.
- Fill the muffin cups with batter and bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 350°F and continue baking for another 10-12 minutes or until toothpick, inserted into the center comes out clean. *(Oven temps may vary bake-times)
- Cool muffins in the tin for 2 minutes. Remove from tin and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine lemon glaze ingredients and with a fork whisk together. It should be creamy and smooth. (For the perfect glaze, draw a line in the glaze and in 12 seconds it should disappear.) If the consistency is too watery or thick, add in a tsp of lemon juice or confectioners sugar until it reaches the 12 second test.
- Drizzle over the muffins. Yum!