The light delicate hints of sweet-tart lemons covered with a nutty almond crunch and topped with a lemony glaze are the ingredients of pure summer delight. If you're like me, and like the flavor of lemons, these gluten-free muffins make for a perfect breakfast, treat or snack.
Makes 12 muffins
- 1½ cups MinusG Simply Scrumptious Muffin Mix
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 tsp lemon peel, grated
- 2 egg
- ¾ tsp almond extract
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Mix together sour cream, oil, lemon peel, egg and extract in a bowl, stir just until blended.
- In another bowl mix together muffin mix and sugar.
- Gently stir muffin mixture into wet ingredients. Mix just until combined.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tin, sprinkle with almonds and bake for 10 min, then reduce oven temp to 350° F and continue baking for another 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden and toothpick comes out clean.