This soft and moist gluten-free gingerbread is full-flavored and tastes just like the holidays! It's made with molasses and ginger, and drizzled with orange glaze. You’ll welcome a slice any time of day!
Makes: 1lb loaf or 12 muffins | Bake: 50-60 min (or 20-25 min for muffins)
- 1½ c. MinusG’s Scrumptious Muffin Mix
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- ⅓ c. plus 2 Tbsp. brown sugar or brown sugar substitute
- ¾ c. molasses
- 2 eggs or see substitute
- ¾ c. sour cream or dairy-free substitute
- ⅓ c. melted butter of choice
- 2 tsp. GF vanilla extract (McCormick's)
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 4"x8" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine 1½ c. muffin mix, ginger, cinnamon and cloves and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, stir together brown sugar and molasses. Add eggs, sour cream, melted butter and vanilla and mix together.
- Add dry ingredients molasses mix and stir until fully combined.
- Fill loaf pan with batter and bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. For muffins, set bake time for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. *(Oven temps may vary bake-times).
- Let bread cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- 1 c. confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- zest 1 orange
- 3-4 Tbsp. orange juice
- In a small bowl, stir together glaze ingredients. Drizzle over cool loaf.
- Let sit 10 minutes to set. Slice. Serve.