Every comfort you've dreamed about is right here! These easy to make gluten-free biscuits are the most tender you'll find. Made with our pie crust mix, then topped with a rich, creamy, savory gravy is as warm, cozy, and filling as it gets. Stop drooling, and let's make them.
PREP: 30 Min. | BAKE: 9-11 Min. | SERVES: 8
- Dairy-free? We recommend substituting Earth Balance or Country Crock Avocado Butter. Any milk of choice works.
- Egg-free? We like to use "Just Egg" or "Simply Eggless" (or substitute with 1 tsp baking powder, 2 Tbsp milk of choice plus 2 Tbsp vinegar).
- 1½ cups MinusG Pie Crust Mix
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder (corn-free baking powder recipe)
- 4 Tbsp frozen butter of choice grated
- 2 eggs or egg replacer
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- tapioca starch or starch of choice for shaping dough.
FORM BISCUITS: Turn the slightly sticky dough onto a surface dusted lightly with tapioca starch. Sprinkle just enough tapioca starch over the dough to keep your hands from sticking to the dough. Press together until cohesive ball of dough forms. Minimal handling will keep the biscuits light and flaky. Flatten dough to ½ - ¾ inch thickness with your hands or a dusted rolling pin. Cut into squares or dust a 2½- or 3-inch biscuit cutter with starch and stamp out rounds.
BAKE: Place on a lightly greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 9-11 minutes. Serve warm.
- 1 12-ounce package sausage
- Note: Use bulk sausage instead of sausage links.
- 3 Tbsp butter of choice
- ¼ cup potato starch or starch of choice.
- 3 cup milk of choice
- salt and pepper to taste
Sausage Gravy Directions:
COOK: Place sausage in a large, deep skillet, over medium-high heat until evenly brown and crumbly.
MIX: Stir in the butter until melted. Add flour, and stir until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook until thickened. Reduce heat, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and optional hot sauce. If gravy becomes too thick, stir in a little more milk.
SERVE: Spoon gravy over hot biscuits and serve.