This chocolate chip banana bread is delicious, super moist, and made with protein packed Greek yogurt and naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup too. It's easy to make and perfect for brunch or snacking. Everyone loves this healthy banana bread recipe because it can easily be made into muffins, too!
| PREP 10 min. | BAKE 60 - 70 min. | MAKES 1 Loaf |
- 1bag MinusG's Banana Bread Mix
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ c. ripe bananas mashed (approx 3 bananas)
- ½ c. sugar or sugar substitute equivalent
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 x-large eggs or see substitute
- ¼ c. melted butter of choice
- ⅓ c. greek yogurt of choice
- 2 tsp GF vanilla extract
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine the banana bread mix and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas into small bite-sized pieces. Add sugar, eggs melted butter and vanilla to the bananas and mix together.
- Pour banana and cinnamon mix over banana mixture.
- Stir the center until the flour has blended into the banana mixture. Continue stirring until only the flour remains on the outer edge. With a fork, scrape the flour off the sides towards the center and stir until fully mixed together. Set aside a handful of walnuts for the top and stir in the remaining walnuts.
- (stirring from the center keeps the flour mixture from clumping into little flour balls and gives a smooth batter aside from the banana pieces.)
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the top of the loaf with walnuts and demerara sugar (sugar in the raw)
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick, inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.