This carrot cake sets the standard for carrot cakes everywhere. It’s deeply moist and bursts with sweet pineapple, carrots, coconut and toasted pecans. Every forkful is super soft and topped with a luscious cream cheese glaze frosting! This is truly the best carrot cake.
If made ahead, the flavor intensifies as the cream cheese frosting seeps into the layers, creating a moist and tender bite. Yum yum yum!
Carrot Bundt Cake
BAKE: 50-60 min | MAKES: 1 10 cup Bundt Cake.
For the Cake
- 1 bag MinusG White Cake Mix
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup + 1 Tbsp light oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (optional)
- 3 large eggs beaten or "Simply Eggless" or "Just Egg"
- 2 tsp GF vanilla extract (McCormick's )
- 1 cup crushed pineapple drained
- 2 cups grated carrot (heaping)
- (Optional: 1 cup chopped Roasted Pecans or walnuts, coconut and/or ½ cup golden raisins)
For the Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened (Dairy-free "Kite Hill" cream cheese)
- 2 Tbsp. butter of choice softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp heavy cream or milk
- 1/4 c. chopped walnuts optional)
- PREP: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cake pans, lined with parchment paper for easy removal.
- MAKE CAKE: In a large bowl mix together oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until combined and smooth. Add beaten eggs, then the vanilla, and mix until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: cake mix, and cinnamon. Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet ingredients, stirring just until mixed. Fold in the grated carrots and crushed pineapple and stir until combined. Add nuts, coconut and/or raisins in at this time.
- BAKE: Pour the batter evenly into the prepared bundt pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cakes comes out clean. Let cool 10-15 minutes in the bundt pan on a wire rack. Transfer the cake onto a cake plate to cool completely before frostting.
- MAKE GLAZE FROSTING: In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and milk (½ tablespoon at a time) and beat until smooth and desired consistency is reached. The icing should be thin enough to pour but thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. If the icing is too thin, add in a little more sugar. If it is too thick, add in a little more milk.
- FROST: Use a spoon to slowly drizzle the cream cheese glaze over the cooled bundt cake. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top (optional)
Carrot Cake Success Tips
- Make it ahead. One of the BEST parts about carrot cake is that it gets better with time, even after 1 full day. The flavors mingle, the moisture prevails, and the cream cheese frosting sets into the layers. It’s so ridiculously good! You can make and frost the cake 1 day in advance. Keep it covered in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature, before serving.
- Use freshly grated carrots. Grate them yourself.
- Flat Cake: Bake this recipe in a 9×13 inch pan. It’s also perfect as the bottom tier for a homemade wedding cake.