Garden-fresh zucchini is a dime-a-dozen during the late summer months. I love making zucchini muffins because it's a healthier sweet bread version, right? Well, at least it's simply scrumptious and you'll be sure to have a winner every time. This zucchini bread is rich and moist! Serve warm with butter. Yum!
Zucchini Muffin Recipe
Makes 12 muffins.
- 1½ c. Simply Scrumptious Muffin Mix
- 1 c. sugar or sugar substitute
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 x-large eggs
- For egg-free use 3 tsp Just Egg or Simply Eggless per egg.
- 1½ c. shredded zucchini
- ⅓ c. melted butter or oil
- 2 tsp GF vanilla extract
- ½ c. halved pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin pan.
- Combine the muffin mix, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in sugar, shredded zucchini, vanilla and melted butter or oil.
- Add the dry ingredients into the egg mixture: stir until mixed together. Continue stirring until clumps disappear.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the top of the loaf with pecans
- Bake 20-24 minutes or until toothpick, inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
*Try adding 1 cup of chopped pecans into the bread for another variation. Enjoy!