Gluten-free peanut butter blossom’s are a favorite! The heart chocolate centers are adorable and are an addicting cookie especially if you snag one while their cooling! The softened silky chocolates, pool in the center for a delectable treat. Bite straight in, eat around the peanut butter base or save the chocolate for your very last bite.
PREP 20 min. | BAKE 10-12 min. | MAKES: 36 cookies
- 1 bag MinusG Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. softened butter
- Dairy-free, replace it with Country Crock or Earth Balance Butter.
- ½ c. peanut butter
- Nut-free, replace it with sunflower butter
- 2 egg
- Egg-free, replace with Simply Eggless, Just Egg or see the flax egg recipe here.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ c. coarse sugar for rolling
- 1 bag of heart-shaped chocolates
Soften butter by removing from refrigerator 30 minutes before mixing. Remove wrapping from the heart-shaped chocolates. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, place the chocolate chip cookie mix.
In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, and peanut butter. Add brown sugar and stir together. Add egg and vanilla and cookie mix and mix to combine. The dough will come together and be thick, but smooth.
Divide the dough into 36 balls 1-inch balls. Roll cookie balls in the coarse sugar, pressing gently on all sides to make sure that the sugar adheres to the cookie dough.
Place about 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets
Bake for 9 minutes. Cookies will look a slightly under-baked.
Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately press unwrapped chocolates in the centers, about halfway. Cookies will crack slightly.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. The chocolate will melt slightly and firm up again as they cool.
- We recommend using a creamy peanut butter like Jiff instead of a natural peanut butter where the oil separates in the jar.
- You can easily swap out the chocolate hearts with Reese’s miniature peanut butter cups. The peanut butter cups tend to melt because of the warm cookies, so once the cookies have cooled enough place them in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes so the chocolate can firm up.