These cute gluten-free pizza cups are cheesy and delicious, perfect for your next party, game day or tailgate! Make the pizza dough cups, then fill them with sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings, then bake so that they get all gooey. These miniature pizzas couldn't be quicker.
Makes 12 servings.
Prep time: 25 min, Bake time: 20-25 min.
- 1 bag of MinusG Artisan Pizza Mix
- or 2 cups + 3 Tbsp of MinusG Artisan Pizza Mix family size
- ½ c. + 2 tsp warm water (heated 100-110˚F)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 eggs or substitute
- ½ c. tapioca starch (for rolling out)
- 1 egg, whipped for brushing on top (Optional)
- Egg-free? Use oil or DF butter
- pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin and set aside.
- Heat water in the microwave for 25-30 seconds. (The water should be warm, registering between 100-110˚F. Test water temp with your finger. If it's too hot for your finger allow to cool.)
- Add pizza crust mix, warmed water, oil, and egg into a stand mixing bowl.
- Using the paddle, combine on low speed, then increase and beat 2-3 minutes.
- Lay two 15-inch long pieces of plastic wrap on your work surface, slightly overlapping, and sprinkle lightly with tapioca starch.
- Transfer the dough to the plastic wrap. Dust dough with tapioca to keep it from sticking to your hands. Press dough into a 14 x 11 rectangle. Cut into 12 squares and place them in a greased muffin tin.
- Place a spoonful of pizza sauce and some cheese into the bottom of each cup.
- Fill with your favorite pizza toppings and combinations.
- Whisk 1 egg with 1 Tbsp of water and lightly brush egg wash onto the dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fully baked. If the tops are getting too brown too quickly, cover the pan with foil and put back into the oven for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Serve warm or at room temp with extra pizza sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Use hashtag #minusg to share your photos. We'd love to see your creations. And be sure to tag @minusgbaking on Instagram. Happy baking!