These gluten-free piggy bundles are, without a doubt, a great snacking food whether it’s for just a couple of you, for a family movie night, or as party finger food. Seriously, this dough is super easy to make and our recipe uses our single pizza crust mix (If you have the family-size pizza mix, measure out the amount listed below). These are a perfect recipe to make ahead and freeze for an after-school snack or anytime you need something quick. I guarantee these piggies will be gone in no time.
Mini Pigs in a Blanket
Makes 48 servings.
Prep time: 25 min, Bake time: 13-15 min.
- ½ c. + 2 tsp warm water (heated 100-110˚F)
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 egg or substitute
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 bag of MinusG Artisan Pizza Mix or
- 2 cups + 3 Tbsp of MinusG Artisan Pizza Mix family size
- ½ c. tapioca starch (for rolling out)
- 1 egg (whipped for brushing on top)
- Egg-free? Use oil or DF butter
- 2 packages gluten-free bun size hotdogs cut into 1½" lengths
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Heat water in the microwave for 25-30 seconds. (The water should be warm, registering between 100-110˚F. Test water temp with your finger. If it's too hot for your finger allow to cool.)
- Add warmed water, oil, egg, baking powder, and pizza crust mix into a stand mixing bowl.
- Using the paddle, combine on low speed, then increase and beat 2-3 minutes.
- Lay two 15-inch long pieces of plastic wrap on your work surface, slightly overlapping, and sprinkle lightly with tapioca starch.
- Transfer the dough to the plastic wrap. Divide the dough into 3 equal portions. Dust with tapioca as needed to keep the dough from being sticky. Press each half into an 8" round circle. Cut each round in quarters, then cut each quarter in half, then in half again; making 16 triangle strips (see picture below).
- To assemble, place hotdog on the widest end and wrap the triangle around a hotdog and place seam-side down on the prepared pan. Continue by assembling the remaining hotdogs with the pastry strips.
- Whisk 1 egg with 1 Tbsp of water and brush egg wash onto top of the rolled dough.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Bake 13-15 minutes until the tops are a golden brown and the edges look cooked. Serve warm or room temp with your favorite dipping sauce.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to see your creations. Tag @minusgbaking on Instagram or @MinusGBakingCo on Facebook. Happy baking!