Who can resist hot dogs and hamburgers on these easy gluten-free buns? They're perfectly soft and delicious! The dough is simple to make and can be used to make hot dog buns, or hamburger buns. I have provided tips and explained the basics to help you get perfect results every time, with this hot dog bun recipe!
Makes 10 - 12 buns
- 1 c. + 2 tbsp. warm water (110°F) about 35 seconds in the microwave.
- 3 eggs
- Egg-free (3 Tbsp flax meal + 8 Tbsp water)
- ⅓ c. oil
- 2 Tbsp. sugar / substitute
- 1 pkg. Sandwich Bread Mix
- 1 egg white + 1 Tbsp water or oil (brush on top of dough)
- Grease hot dog bun pan and set aside. Warm water to 110°F
- In a stand mixer; add warm water, eggs, oil, sugar, and bread mix. Attach paddle and mix on low for 1 minute. Scrape sides of bowl. Increase speed for 3-4 minutes. Dough should be well combined until silky and smooth.
- With a pastry bag or a gallon ziplock bag (corner cut), pipe dough into the bun pan, that reaches edge to edge. Repeat until all bun formS are filled.
- Whisk together egg white and water and brush top of dough. Set pan in a warm place to rise just above the top of the pan. About 25 minutes.
- Heat oven temp to 350°F.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack before serving.