These toasty hamburger buns, made gluten-free will have you drooling for more. Enjoy your summer by making these longed-for hamburger bun that's safe and healthy.
Makes 10 - 12 buns
- 1 c. + 2 tbsp. warm water (110°F) about 35 seconds in the microwave.
- 3 eggs
- Egg-free (3 Tbsp flax meal + 1/2 c. + 1 Tbsp water)
- ⅓ c. oil
- 1 Tbsp. sugar / substitute
- ½ tsp. flax meal (optional)
- 1 pkg. Sandwich Bread Mix
- 1 egg or oil (brush on top of dough)
- sesame seeds, poppy seeds or topping of choice
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 12 wide mouth canning rings or hamburger bun pans spray with oil and set aside. Warm water to 110°F
- In a stand mixer; add warm water, eggs, oil, sugar, flax meal, and bread mix. Attach paddle and mix on low for 1 minute. Scrape sides of bowl. Increase speed for 3-4 minutes. Dough should be well combined until silky smooth.
- With a large ice cream scoop or large cookie scoop, fill rings with dough. If dough begins to stick to the scoop, dip in water.
- Whisk extra egg and brush top of dough. Optional: sprinkle with sesame seeds, poppy seeds or topping of choice.
- Set in warmed oven to rise until dough crowns 1” above the top of the rings or pan, about 10-15 min. Remove from oven. Increase oven temp to 350°F.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Baking is complete when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from rings or pan and cool on a wire rack before slicing.