MinusG's Sweet Cornbread is a perfect compliment for stews, soups, chili and more. For an easy-to-handle option for kids, line a muffin tin and divide batter into the lined papers.
Cornbread & Corn Muffins
Yield: 9 servings
- 1-1/4 cup MinusG Pancake Mix
- 1c. cornmeal
- 1/4c. + 1 Tbsp sugar*
- 1/3c. oil
- 3 x-large eggs or (egg substitute - 2tsp baking powder + 1Tbsp water + 1Tbsp vinegar)
- 3/4c. milk or (milk substitute - nut/seed milk)
*For a savory cornbread omit the sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, lightly whisk eggs. Add oil, milk, and sugar to eggs and blend. Stir together pancake mix and cornmeal; add to egg mixture and combine.
- Pour cornbread batter into a greased 9x9 baking pan or line a muffin tin. For the 9x9 pan, Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. For the muffins, reduce the bake time 10-12 minutes. Check muffins with a toothpick to confirm they are fully baked. Cut into squares, or remove muffins from pan; serve warm.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to see your creations. Tag @minusgbaking on Instagram or @MinusGBakingCo on Facebook. Happy baking!