Gluten-free peanut butter blossom’s are a favorite! These cute little cookies are addicting especially if you've ever had the pleasure of snagging one while slightly warm with the softened chocolate pooling in the center. Bite straight in, eat around the peanut butter base or save the chocolate for your very last bite.
PREP 20 min. | BAKE 10-12 min. | MAKES: 36 cookies
- 1 bag MinusG Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. softened butter
- Dairy-free, replace it with Country Crock or Earth Balance Butter.
- ½ c. peanut butter
- Nut-free, replace it with sunflower butter
- 2 egg
- Egg-free, replace with Simply Eggless, Just Egg or see the flax egg recipe here.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ c. coarse sugar for rolling
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Soften butter by removing from refrigerator 30 minutes before mixing.
In a large bowl, place the chocolate chip cookie mix and baking powder
In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, and peanut butter. Add brown sugar and stir together. Add egg and vanilla and cookie mix and mix to combine. The dough will come together and be thick, but smooth.
Divide the dough into 36 balls 1-inch balls. Roll cookie balls in the coarse sugar, pressing gently on all sides to make sure that the sugar adheres to the cookie dough.
Place about 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets
Bake for 9 minutes. Cookies will look a slightly under-baked.
Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately press one unwrapped chocolate kiss in the center, about halfway, cookie will crack around the edges.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. The chocolate kisses will melt slightly then firm up again as the cookies cool.
- We recommend using a creamy peanut butter like Jif instead of a natural peanut butter where the oil separates in the jar.
- You can easily swap out the chocolate kiss candies on top with Reese’s miniature peanut butter cups. The peanut butter cups tend to melt because of the warm cookies, so once the cookies have cooled enough place them in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes so the chocolate can firm up.