This recipe is easy as can be, one bowl, and comes out perfect every time. It is the most moist, flavorful, melt-in-your mouth banana bread ~ it's so good! It's wonderful toasted, topped with farmers cheese or cream cheese and a good cup of coffee or tea. I usually make 2 or 3 loaves at a time, as it’s the perfect gift for new parents or just the thing to offer guests.
Simply The Best Banana Bread!
Makes 1 9x5 Loaf, or 12 muffins.
- 1bag MinusG's Banana Bread Mix
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ c. ripe bananas mashed (approx 3 bananas)
- 1 c. sugar or sugar substitute equivalent.
- 2 x-large eggs or see substitute
- ⅓ c. melted butter or oil
- 2 tsp GF vanilla extract
- 1 c. walnuts (optional)
- Demerara sugar or raw sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine the banana bread mix and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas into small bite-sized pieces. Add sugar, eggs melted butter and vanilla to the bananas and mix together.
- Pour banana and cinnamon mix over banana mixture.
- Stir the center until the flour has blended into the banana mixture. Continue stirring until only the flour remains on the outer edge. With a fork, scrape the flour off the sides towards the center and stir until fully mixed together. Set aside a handful of walnuts for the top and stir in the remaining walnuts.
- (stirring from the center keeps the flour mixture from clumping into little flour balls and gives a smooth batter aside from the banana pieces.)
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the top of the loaf with walnuts and demerara sugar (sugar in the raw)
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick, inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.