This recipe is easy as can be, one bowl, and comes out perfect every time. It is the most moist, flavorful, melt-in-your mouth banana bread ~ it's so good! It's wonderful toasted - topped with farmers cheese or cream cheese and a good cup of coffee or tea. I usually make 2 or 3 loaves at a time, as it’s the perfect gift for new parents or just the thing to offer guests.
Best Banana Bread Ever! Recipe
Makes 1 9x5 Loaf, 3 mini loaves or about 12 muffins..
- 1¾ cup MinusG’s Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (I like Penzeys)
- 2 x-large eggs or egg substitute
- 1½ cups ripe bananas mashed (approx 3 bananas)
- ⅓ cup melted butter or oil
- 2 tsp GF vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts (optional)
- Demerara sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine the pancake mix and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in sugar, mashed bananas, vanilla and melted butter or oil.
- Add the dry ingredients into the egg mixture: stir until mixed together.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the top of the loaf with walnuts and demerara sugar (sugar in the raw)
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick, inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
*Try adding 1 cup of chopped walnuts into the bread for another variation. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Use hashtag #minusg to share your photos. We'd love to see your creations. And be sure to tag @minusgbaking on Instagram. Happy baking!