Mini chocolate bundt cakes could not be easier to make and they are a perfect centerpiece for your Easter dessert table. This mix makes a rich and delicious chocolate cake, paired with our easy white buttercream. It's a wonderful treat for any sweet occasion. Let's eat cake!
Makes 6 mini bundt cakes or 1 bundt cake
Prep time: 20 min | Bake time: 18-20 min
- 1 bag of Chocolate Cake Mix
- ½ c. milk of choice
- 1 egg
- 1 Egg substitute: 2 tsp baking powder + 1 Tbsp vinegar + 1 Tbsp water
- ¼ c. light oil (vegetable, sunflower, grape-seed)
- 1 tsp. GF vanilla extract
- ½ c. hot water or coffee
Easy White Buttercream
- 2 sticks butter softened
- Dairy-free: use earth balance or country crock plant butter
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream or canned coconut milk
- Grease 6 mini bundt cake pans. Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a stand mixer, cream together cake mix, milk, egg and vanilla and beat together. Scrape down sides of the bowl and add hot water or coffee. Incorporate on low speed until mixed together.
- Divide batter evenly between cake pans.
- Bake 18-20 min. Baking is finished when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove cakes and set on a cooling rack.
- Turn over when cooled.
Make Easy White Buttercream
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add butter and powdered sugar and beat together with the paddle attachment until smooth and creamy. Add cream to the frosting and continue mixing for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- To color frosting, measure out 1 cup frosting per color. Add 1 drop of coloring and stir frosting to evenly distribute the color throughout. Frost and decorate with chocolate eggs or a decoration of choice. It's cake time!