Easter lilies are a traditional Easter dessert for my family. Made with The Perfect Pie Crust Mix, the lightly sweetened cake, rolled and topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a yellow jelly bean, are the perfect sweet ending.
Makes 10-12 Lilies
For the Lilies
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup MinusG The Perfect Pie Crust Mix
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch cream of tartar
For the Whipped Cream
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla.
- Beat eggs in an electric mixer to a stif froth, about 2-5min.
- Combine Pie Crust Mix, baking powder and cream of tartar.
- Add sugar, vanilla, then the pie mix and mix until combined.Increase speed until the batter is smooth.
- Grease a cookie sheet and line with parchment paper. Grease again. Drop by large scoop fulls (about 2-3 tbsp) of batter. *Note: you can usually bake about 4 lilies at at time
- Spread into approx. 5 ½" circle.
- Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes. Lilies should be just starting to brown.
- Let cool for about 30 - 40 seconds. Scrape against the parchment paper to loosen the cake from the pan. (It will leave a little cake on the paper).
- Turn cake over and fold into a "V" shape with the bottom-side on the inside. Place folded side down on a parchment paper and cool completely. Place a new parchement sheet out, grease and pour batter and bake again until all batter is used. (not enough batter to make a full cake, make one large one - may need to bake longer).
- Flip over and fill with whipped cream.
- Serve with a yellow jelly bean or chocolate egg and dusted with powdered sugar.