Easter lilies are a traditional Easter dessert for my family. Made with The Perfect Pie Crust Mix, the lightly sweetened cake, rolled and topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a yellow jelly bean, are the perfect sweet ending.
Makes 10-12 Lilies
For the Lilies
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup MinusG The Perfect Pie Crust Mix
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch cream of tartar
For the Whipped Cream
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla.
- Beat eggs in an electric mixer to a stif froth, about 2-5min.
- Combine Pie Crust Mix, baking powder and cream of tartar.
- Add sugar, vanilla, then the pie mix and mix until combined.Increase speed until the batter is smooth.
- Drop by large scoop fulls of batter onto a greased cookie sheet, about 4 at at time. *Note: Do not use parchment paper.
- Spread into approx. 5 ½" circle.
- Bake at 375 for 6 minutes. Lilies should be just starting to brown.
- Let cool for about 30 - 40 seconds. Gently loosen the cake from the pan.
- Fold into a "V" shape and turn upside down on a parchment paper and cool completely.
- Flip over and fill with whipped cream.
- Serve with a yellow jelly bean or chocolate egg and dusted with powdered sugar.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to see your creations. Tag @minusgbaking on Instagram or @MinusGBakingCo on Facebook. Happy baking!