These are one of my favorites pancakes and they're the perfect way to kick spring fever and winter blues away. Just like a bite of spring, the ricotta cheese adds a rich and moist melt-in-your-mouth texture that pairs with pure lemon zest. They're sweet enough to be eaten sprinkled with powdered sugar and a dollop of yogurt, or drizzled with maple syrup and served with fresh berries. The bigger challenge is sharing them. Enjoy before they disappear!
Prep 10 min, Cook 15 minutes
Makes 6 - 8 pancakes
- 1 ½ c. Aunt Katherine's Yummy Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 - 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ⅔ c. milk
- ¾ c. ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp. GF vanilla extract
- 1 lemon zested
- ¼ c. lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- fresh berries, yogurt, powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat griddle over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pancake mix, sugar, and soda.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, ricotta, egg yolks and vanilla until well blended. Add in lemon zest, lemon juice and melted butter and blend until combined.
- Pour milk mixture into pancake mixture and whisk until combined.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks. Fold egg whites into pancake batter. This will keep them extra light.
- Pour ⅓ c. batter onto buttered griddle and cook until bubbles begin to appear on the surface. Flip over and cook 2-3 minutes or until the opposite side is golden brown.
- Serve warm, dusted with powered sugar or drizzled with maple syrup and fresh berries.
Did you make this recipe? Use hashtag #minusg to share your photos. We'd love to see your creations. And be sure to tag @minusgbaking on Instagram. Happy baking!