Hot chocolate pancakes are for the chocolate lovers, and you know who you are. These pancakes are loaded with rich chocolate, and notes of vanilla. Perfect for a morning brunch when anything goes or for dessert! Feel free to add blueberries, nuts or mini marshmallows. Drizzle them with chocolate syrup, and you'll have one delectable stack waiting just for you.
Prep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min.
Makes: 8 4" pancakes
- pinch sea salt
- ¾ c. maple syrup
- 3 ½ oz. 70% chocolate chopped
- 1¼ c. Aunt Katherine's Yummy Pancake Mix
- ⅓ c. cocoa powder
- ¼ c. sugar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 lg egg
- 1 ¼ c. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. GF vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. butter melted or DF butter
- mimi marshmallows, blueberries, nuts, and or whipped cream for garnish
- Chop chocolate and place in a heat-proof bowl.
- Dissolve the salt in 2 tbsp. of water in a sauce pan over a gentle heat. Add syrup and bring to a simmer.
- Pour hot syrup over chocolate and whisk well until smooth.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. (350° if using an electric griddle)
- In a large bowl whisk together the pancake mix, cocoa powder, sugar, and soda.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, vanilla and melted butter. Pour into pancake mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour batter, ¼ cup onto the hot griddle. Cook until you see bubbles on the surface and carefully turn over. Flip and cook about 1-2 minutes or until done.
- Place the pancakes on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Serve pancakes laced with warm chocolate syrup and toppings of your choice.
Did you make this recipe? Use hashtag #minusg to share your photos. We'd love to see your creations. And be sure to tag @minusgbaking on Instagram. Happy baking!