Wow! These cinnamon roll pancakes are out of this world. Not only do they look delicious, but they are A-MA-ZING! Loaded with cinnamon and topped with creamy cream cheese glaze. If you're looking to have a breakfast gathering, these pancakes will send your tastebuds over the moon. They're so so so good!
- 6 tbsp. butter melted / DF butter
- ⅓ c. packed light brown sugar
- 2 ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. butter/ DF butter
- 2 oz. cream cheese (room temp) / DF cream cheese
- ¾ c. powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. GF vanilla extract
- 1 c. Aunt Katherine's Yummy Pancake & Waffle Mix
- ⅔ c. milk / DF milk
- 1 lg egg
- 2 tbsp. butter / DF butter
Cinnamon Roll Filling
- Stir together the melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Scoop the filling into a squeeze bottle or a quart sized heavy ziplock bag and set it aside.
Cream Cheese Glaze
- Melt 4 tbsp. butter over low heat in a small sauce pan. Remove from heat and whisk in cream cheese until almost smooth.
- Sift the powdered sugar into the pan, add in vanilla extract and stir until combined and smooth. Set aside for pancakes.
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Preheat griddle or pan over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pancake mix, milk, egg and butter until combined.
- Lightly grease griddle and pour ⅓ c. of batter on the griddle. Spread it into a nice circle.
- Squeeze cinnamon roll filling towards the dispensing tip or corner of the bag, then cut a tiny piece of the corner off to allow filling to come out. You don't want to cut too far up the bag or too much filling will come out and overwhelm the pancake.
- When bubbles start to form on pancake, swirl the filling on the pancake.
- Flip the pancake over and cook an addition 2 - 3 min or until other side is golden.
- Remove from heat and serve swirl-side up. Topped with cream cheese glaze.
Enjoy every bite.
Make Ahead: Mix the pancake batter, cinnamon sugar filling and the cream cheese glaze the day before and refrigerate. Remove the cinnamon sugar filling and cream cheese glaze 40 min before making pancakes.
Did you make this recipe? Use hashtag #minusg to share your photos. We'd love to see your creations. And be sure to tag @minusgbaking on Instagram. Happy baking!