What is the difference between a ganache verses a glaze? Ganache is a thinner drip glaze for soaking cake or and drizzling a thin layer. A Glaze for topping donuts is thicker resulting in a heavier coating.
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped fine
- 8 oz (1 cup) heavy cream
- Place chopped chocolate into a medium bowl
- Heat the cream in a quart sized pan until it just begins to simmer; but watch that the cream doesn't boil.
- Pour hot cream over the chocolate and let sit for two minutes.
- Whisk together the cream into the chocolate.
- Use as is for glazing by drizzling over cake.
Need a thicker coating? Give it a few seconds in the microwave enough to melt the more chocolate. Add 1/2 cup of chocolate and stir until smooth. This will thicken as it cools to glaze donuts. Enjoy!