Makes 2 dozen
Looking for the perfect addition to your holiday cookie tray? These Chocolate Fudge Crinkles are it! Originally called black and white cookies, our version is made with our Chocolate Cake Mix and is balanced perfectly to avoid an overly sweet cookie. This recipe is quick and easy with only 7 ingredients. Crinkles look beautiful and they are the perfect combination of chewy edges with soft fudge centers. You'll be surprised to know they're gluten-free.
- 3 egg whites (room temperature)
- 1 bag MinusG Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 tsp GF vanilla
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 Tbsp espresso powder or instant coffee (Coffee enhances the chocolate, without tasting like coffee.)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- confectioners sugar
- In a stand mixer, whisk egg whites to stiff peaks. Stiff peaks means egg whites hold their shape and do not droop. (if you over-beat the egg whites the stretched protein will break and let the water in the whites out, creating a mix of eggy water and foam.)
- Add cake mix, vanilla, salt and espresso powder. Using the paddle attachment, beat together on low speed, increasing as the mixture blends. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- drop by teaspoonfuls into confectioner sugar; roll to coat and shape into balls.
- Place 2" apart on lined baking sheet.
- Bake until puffed and tops crack, 10- 12 minutes.
- Transfer baking sheet to a cooking rack to cool 10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to rack and cool completely.
Store in an airtight container in a cool area.
Made Ahead! It’s easy to make this dough ahead and keep it on hand in the freezer for when that “fresh-baked cookie” hunger strikes. You can roll the dough into balls ahead of time to speed up the process. Once the dough is thawed, you can roll dough balls in a shallow dish of powdered sugar and pop them in the oven.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to see your creations. Tag @minusgbaking on Instagram or @MinusGBakingCo on Facebook. Happy baking!