Chocolate Espresso Frosting
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter softened or dairy-free butter
- 1 c. cocoa
- 5 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. milk or dairy-free milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and cocoa one cup at a time and beat until creamy.
- Add in vanilla, espresso powder and 1/4 cup of milk. Slowly increase speed to blend together. Add the last 1/4 cup of milk as needed. Mix for 2 minutes until fully blended. (if it's too thin, add more powdered sugar 1/4 c. at a time until you've reached the desired consistency)
- Frosting should be fluffy and lightly chocolatey. Spread onto cakes, cupcakes, cookies or enjoy a spoonful. Yummy!