This is the zucchini bread for chocolate lovers!!! This variation adds coconut oil and compliments the chocolatey richness. This gluten-free zucchini bread, perfect for the gluten-free diet, is rich and moist, easy to toast; just serve with butter. Yum!
Zucchini Chocolate and Coconut Bread
Makes 1 9x4 Loaf, 3 mini loaves or about 12 muffins.
- 1½ c. Simply Scrumptious Muffin Mix
- ½ c. 2 Tbsp. sugar or an equivalent granular substitute
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 x-large eggs
- For egg-free use 2 tsp. baking powder + 1 Tbsp vinegar +1 Tbsp water per egg.
- 1½ c. shredded zucchini
- ⅓ c. 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp. GF vanilla extract
- 1 c. chopped semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9x4-inch loaf pan.
- Combine the muffin mix, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in sugar, shredded zucchini, vanilla and melted coconut oil.
- Add the dry ingredients into the egg mixture: stir until mixed together. Continue stirring until clumps disappear. Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to see your creations. Tag @minusgbaking on Instagram or @MinusGBakingCo on Facebook. Happy baking!