Life is always sweeter with a gluten-free blueberry pie. For this recipe you’re going to need 5 cups for this blueberry pie. And when all is said and done, this is the best blueberry pie recipe ever!
- 1 bag MinusG's Perfect Pie Crust Mix
5 c. fresh blueberries, rinsed, drained
5 tbsp. cornstarch/potato starch works too.
1 lemon zested
3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
½ cup granulated sugar, plus more for crust
- 2 tbsp. butter grated.
1 large egg
- Make entire bag of pie following The perfect Pie Crust Recipe. Roll out one crust and transfer to pie plate. Roll out the second crust and cut star shapes. Chill in refrigerator.
Blueberry Filling and Assembly
- Toss blueberries, cornstarch, lemon zest, lemon juice, and ½ cup granular sugar in a large bowl. Let sit 10 minutes to soften berries and extract juices.
- Spoon blueberries into the pie plate. Grate butter over the top and place pre-cut stars, or add a decorative top crust of choice.
- Position a rack in center of oven; preheat to 425 degrees.
- Working around edge of pie plate, flute edges or crimp with fork, if desired.
- Beat egg with 1 tsp. water in a small bowl. Brush edges and stars lightly with egg wash, then sprinkle surface with sugar if desired. Loosely cover edge of pie with foil to avoid over browning.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, then reduce heat temp to 375 degrees and bake another hour.
- Transfer pie to a wire rack and let cool before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!