Fluffy and moist, this is an outstanding GLUTEN-FREE white cake! Warning, only make if you love delicious cake. Use it to create goodies for your next birthday party, special event or bake sale! Our White Cake Mix pairs great with any of our MinusG frosting recipes. The directions on the back of the bag are simple and easy to follow, you'll soon be coming back for more!
Prep: 8 min. Bake: 45-50 min. Makes: Two 8" rounds
Additional Pan Sizes & Bake Times:
- 13" x 9": bake 25-35 min
- Two 8" Rounds: bake 45-50 min
- Two 9" Rounds: bake 30-35 min
- Mug Cake: microwave 1 min
- 24 Cupcakes: bake 18-20 min
- 1 ½ c sugar or granular substitute
- 1 c buttermilk of choice - see recipe below
- 4 egg whites or see egg sub*
- ⅔ c light oil
- 4 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract (optional)
Buttermilk Recipe: 1 tsp vinegar + 1 c milk of choice. Let sit 2 min.
Egg sub: 1 c "Just Egg" or "Simply Eggless". See tips & how to's for substitutions at minusg.com
HEAT: Preheat oven to 350° and line greased pans of choice.
MIX: In a large mixing bowl add mix, sugar, milk, egg, oil, vanilla and almond. Beat on medium speed, scraping sides. Beat on high for 2 min.
- BAKE: Pour batter into greased pans and bake. Baking is complete when inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely. Top with gluten-free frosting of choice. See MinusG frosting recipes here