On a busy week night, this easy Chicken Parmesan is a light, simple, savory meal. We started by blending the pancake & waffle mix with parmesan cheese to make the breading on this chicken and the results were amazing!
I topped it with my favorite marinara sauce, Rao's, shredded cheese and a combination of fresh basil, thyme and parsley. Yum! Follow these easy steps for crispy and tender cutlets in just 35-40 minutes from start to finish!
Savory Parmesan Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ c. MinusG's Aunt Katherine's Pancake & Waffle Mix
- ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lg egg beaten
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (extra for cooking)
- 1 c. marinara sauce
- ½ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ c. shredded provolone cheese
- fresh herbs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Slice chicken breasts to ½ inch thickness or flatten between two pieces of saran wrap or parchment paper with a flat kitchen mallet to ½ inch thickness.
- Season with black pepper.
- Using two shallow bowls, combine the pancake mix and the Parmesan cheese in one bowl, and the beaten egg to the other.
- Add butter and olive oil to a 10" skillet over medium heat.
- Start by dipping the chicken cutlets into the egg enough to coat.
- Dredge chicken, both sides into the pancake & cheese mixture until fully coated.
- Sear chicken in skillet in batches so it does not overcrowd the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. *Note: chicken will be raw inside.
- Place chicken into prepared pan. Spoon the marinara on the tops of each breast.
- Bake in hot oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Top chicken with shredded cheeses and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and garnish with fresh herbs.
- Serve over noodles and/or with a side of vegetables of your choice.
Eat. Savor. Smile.