On a busy week night, this easy Parmesan Chicken is a light, yet simple savory meal. I used my pancake mix for the breading on this chicken and the results were amazing!
It's quick 35 minutes from start to finish. I topped it with a favorite marinara sauce, Rao's, shredded cheese and a combination of fresh basil, thyme and parsley. Yum! Enjoy Parmesan chicken again! Follow these easy steps for crispy and tender cutlets!
Parmesan Chicken Recipe
- ¾ c. MinusG's Aunt Katherine's Pancake & Waffle Mix
- ¾ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 lg eggs beaten
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1 c. marinara sauce
- ½ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ c. shredded provolone cheese
- fresh herbs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Slice chicken breasts to ½ inch thickness or flatten between to pieces of saran wrap or parchment paper with a flat kitchen mallet to ½ inch thickness.
- Season with black pepper.
- Using two shallow bowls, combine the pancake mix and the Parmesan cheese in one bowl, and the beaten eggs to the other.
- Start by dipping the chicken cutlets into the eggs enough to coat.
- Dredge both sides into the pancake & cheese mixture until fully coated.
- Add the olive oil and butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken in batches so you don't overcrowd the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. *Note: chicken will be raw inside.
- Place chicken into a greased baking pan. Spoon the marinara on the tops of each breast.
- Bake in hot oven for 12-15 minutes
- Top the chicken with the shredded cheeses and bake until cheese is melted about another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with fresh herbs.
- Serve hot over your favorite noodles and/or with a side of vegetables of your choice.
Eat. Savor. Smile.