Pumpkin spice donuts bring the best flavors of fall to the table! These donuts are baked, not fried, and come together super quickly for a comforting seasonal treat. Subtly spiced with cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg then dunked in a maple glaze topping, believe me, you'll be making these donuts on repeat this fall.
Prep: 15 min. Bake: 18 min. Makes: 1 dozen donuts
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted or dairy-free butter
- ⅔ c. sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 large egg (or "Just Egg", "Simply Eggless" or 4 tsp baking powder, 2 Tbsp. water and 2 Tbsp. of vinegar)
- ½ c. pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1½ c. Donut Mix
- 1½ c. powdered sugar
- 5-7 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla
You will need a donut or muffin pan.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease donut or muffin pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl melt butter. Add sugar and stir together with a fork. (sugar will start to dissolve). Add the egg and pumpkin puree and whisk together.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin pie spice, and 1½ c. donut mix. Mix until combined. Scoop the dry mixture into the milk & butter mixture and stir together with a fork, starting in the center until all dry ingredients are combined and batter is smooth (no lumps). The batter will be thick.
- Spoon donut batter into a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip or into a ziplock baggie with the tip cut off. Pipe batter into the donut ring until full. If using the muffin pan, fill each well ½ full.
- Bake at 350ºF for 18 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before dipping in topping.
- Prepare glaze in a medium bowl by stirring together powdered sugar, syrup and vanilla until smooth. (no lumps).
- Place a sheet of wax paper under a cooling rack to collect drippings. Dip donuts into the glaze to coat one side and place on cooling rack.
- Serve immediately.