Perfect Gluten-Free Gravy Every Time
Thanksgiving dinner is really all about the gravy. In my family you'll find it all over our plates; ladled onto sliced turkey, adding flavor to mashed potatoes, stuffing, cornbread, and then mixed into favorite side dishes. It's a must on our Thanksgiving table. This is an easy recipe to follow and before you know it, you'll have mastered making perfect gluten-free gravy too. This recipe makes a medium bodied sauce.
- 3 c. broth or meat juices
- 4½ butter or dairy-free substitute
- 4½ Tbsp potato starch or corn starch (Not flour)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter over low heat. When melted or heated through, remove from heat.
- Add starch and whisk in to combine.
- Add ½ c. broth and whisk it until it's smooth and fully combined.
- Add another ½ c. broth and repeat step 3 until all of the broth is used.
- Return the gravy to the heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer for 1-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. The gravy should thicken quickly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a fine wire sieve, strain gravy to remove any lumps.
- Serve warm.