For shortbread Crust
- 1 c. MinusG's Perfect Pie Crust Mix
- 7 Tbsp butter cut into cubes
- ½ c. confectioners' sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 extra-large eggs at room temperature
- 1 ½ c. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest (2 to 3 lemons)
- ½ c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ c. + 2 Tbsp MinusG's Perfect Pie Crust Mix
- confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
Make Shortbread Crust
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x9 pan.
- For the crust, stir together the MinusG’s Perfect Pie Crust Mix, sugar, and salt. Add the butter to the bowl and use a pastry cutter to cut it all together until the mixture resembles fine crumbs or by using a food processor.
- Dump the mixture into the pan press to flatten evenly in the pan.
- Bake the crust about 20 minutes, until very lightly browned.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Leave the oven on.
- For the filling, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and MinusG's Perfect Pie Crust Mix.
- Pour over the crust and cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the filling is set.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Cut into triangles and dust with confectioners’ sugar.