Made with the best ingredients, a little butter, a little sugar and a little cinnamon, added to our cinnamon roll mix and VOILÀ, and you've got gooey cinnamon rolls! These are the most sinfully decadent and rich cinnamon rolls you'll ever taste. Share these and you'll make new friends! Honestly, these are incredibly good and they're perfect for gifting. Share. Eat. Smile.
Gooey Cinnamon Rolls
Makes 9 large or 18 small rolls.
For the Dough
- MinusG Cinnamon Roll Mix
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp soft butter of choice
- 2 eggs or 2 neat egg replacer
- ½ c. whole milk of choice
- ½ cup tapioca or cornstarch (for pressing out).
For the Filling
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (granulated sugar works too)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon (I use pensey's vietnamese ground cinnamon)
- 2 Tbsp melted butter of choice
- 6 Tbsp whipping cream or dairy-free cream
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ lb cream cheese or Kite Hill cream cheese at room temp.
- 4 Tbsp butter of choice at room temp.
- 2 tsp GF vanilla extract (I use McCormick's pure vanilla extract)
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar.
- Grease a 9" cake pan or line with parchment paper and set aside
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, add the granulated sugar, butter, eggs, heated milk and cinnamon roll mix.
- (The milk should be just warm, registering between 100-110˚F. If it is hotter, allow to cool slightly.)
- Using the flat paddle, combine on low speed until the ingredients come together.
- Lay 2 pieces of plastic wrap on a flat surface. (The plastic wrap is necessary to roll dough)
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of tapioca starch into the center.
- Transfer the dough onto the tapioca starch.
- Sprinkle the top of dough with another 2 tbsp of tapioca starch. (Dough will be sticky. The tapioca helps to keep the dough from sticking to your hands.)
- Using your hands, Press dough into a rectangle about 9 by 14 inches.
Fill & Roll Dough
- Spread melted butter on the dough, covering the surface.
- In a bowl, combine sugar with cinnamon.
- Sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon sugar mix.
- Starting at the long side closest to you, lift the plastic wrap and turn the edge of the dough onto itself.
- Continue lifting the plastic wrap to roll up the dough, forming a log by rolling the rectangle away from you. (If dough sticks to the plastic wrap, use a knife or a metal cake spatula and gently separate dough from wrap.)
- Place seam-side down.
- Push uneven ends in towards the center of the log.
- Cut the log in thirds, then divide each half into 3 evenly sized pieces.
- Arrange the slices, cut side down, in the prepared pan.
- Pour warmed cream over the rolls. (The warm cream will make the cinnamon sugar center creamy and not grainy)
- Cover rolls with plastic wrap or a towel.
- Let rise in a warm place about 1 hour.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Bake until the rolls are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a roll comes out clean, 22 to 25 minutes.
- While baking, combine cream cheese, butter and vanilla in the bowl. With a fork or handheld beater, beat until smooth, light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add confectioners’ sugar and blend until thoroughly combined, stopping the mixer to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Transfer the pan with the rolls to a wire rack and let cool slightly.
- Spread the rolls with the frosting while they are still warm.
- Pull the rolls apart and serve warm.
- Share. Eat. Smile.