Made with the best ingredients, a little butter, a little sugar and a little cinnamon, added to our cinnamon roll mix and VOILÀ, and you've got gooey cinnamon rolls! These are the most sinfully decadent and rich cinnamon rolls you'll ever taste. Share these and you'll make new friends! Honestly, these are incredibly good and they're perfect for gifting. Share. Eat. Smile.
Gooey Cinnamon Rolls
Makes 9 large or 18 small rolls.
For the Dough
- MinusG Cinnamon Roll Mix
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp soft butter of choice
- 2 eggs or 2 neat egg replacer or ½ c. "Just Egg" or Simply Eggless"
- ½ c. whole milk of choice
- ½ cup tapioca or cornstarch (for pressing out).
For the Filling
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (granulated sugar works too)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon (I use pensey's vietnamese ground cinnamon)
- 2 Tbsp melted butter of choice
- 6 Tbsp whipping cream or dairy-free cream
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ lb cream cheese or Kite Hill cream cheese at room temp.
- 4 Tbsp butter of choice at room temp.
- 2 tsp GF vanilla extract (I use McCormick's pure vanilla extract)
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar.
PREP: Grease a 9" pan. Heat milk 40 seconds in microwave. Milk should be hot to the touch but not burning. This will activate the yeast.
MIX: In a stand mixing bowl add mix, heated milk, eggs, butter, sugar. Blend with paddle on low. Scrape bowl and beat 2 min. med-high. Lay 2 pieces of saran on a flat surface, sprinkle with starch. Turn out dough onto prepared surface. Using the starch press into 9"x12" rectangle.
ASSEMBLE: Now it’s time to add the delicious filling! Combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread the melted butter on dough then sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon mix. Here is where the magic of the saran comes in! Lifting the long side of the saran, gently lift and roll dough into a log (see video). When almost complete, lift saran from the opposite side to pull the remainder up. Press the seam to secure it and roll the log backward until the seam is on the bottom. Cut the log per into individual rolls per instructions on the bag and as seen in the video. Sprinkle knife with starch after each cut to keep it from sticking.
RISE: Place rolls in 9"pan and pour the warm cream in center of each roll (or substitute) in centers for extra goodness! An excellent dairy-free replacement for the cream is Silk's dairy free heavy whipping cream or coconut milk as this is a thicker milk but the Dairy free Silk heavy whipping cream is best. Rise 1 hour. (Egg-free dough: rise additional 30-50 min, or until double in size.)
BAKE: 350° 22-25 min. Let cool 10 min. Combine frosting ingredients and beat until smooth. Top rolls with cream cheese frosting! These are better than Cinnabon.