Made with the best ingredients, a little butter, a little sugar and a little cinnamon, added to our pizza crust mix and VOILÀ, and you've got gooey cinnamon rolls! These are the most sinfully decadent and rich cinnamon rolls you'll ever taste. Share these and you'll win new friends and influence people! These make the perfect gift or treat. Share. Eat. Smile.
Gooey Cinnamon Rolls
Makes 8 servings.
For the Dough
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp soft butter or butter substitute
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup + 2 tsp whole milk
- 2 cups + 3 Tbsp MinusG Artisan Pizza Mix
- ½ cup tapioca starch (for pressing out).
For the Filling
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (granulated sugar works too)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon (I use pensey's vietnamese ground cinnamon)
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ lb cream cheese at room temp.
- 4 Tbsp butter at room temp.
- 2 tsp GF vanilla extract (I use McCormick's pure vanilla extract)
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar.
- Grease a 9" round cake pan or line with parchment paper and set aside
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, add the granulated sugar, butter, eggs, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Using the flat paddle, combine on low speed.
- Add the warm milk with the 2 cups + 3 Tbsp pizza mix alternating until the ingredients come together. (The milk should be just warm, registering between 100-110˚F. If it is hotter, allow to cool slightly.)
- Refrigerate the remaining Pizza Crust Mix for another batch of Gooey Cinnamon Rolls or for one 12-inch Pan Pizza.
Prepare Surface for dough
- Lay 2 pieces of plastic wrap on a flat surface. (The plastic wrap is necessary to roll dough)
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of tapioca starch into the center.
- Transfer the dough onto the tapioca starch.
- Sprinkle the top of dough with another 2 tbsp of tapioca starch. (Dough will be sticky. The tapioca helps to keep the dough from sticking to your hands.)
- Using your hands, Press dough into a rectangle about 9 by 14 inches.
Fill & Roll Dough
- Brush 2 tbsp of melted butter on the dough, covering the surface.
- In a bowl, combine sugar with cinnamon.
- Sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon sugar mix.
- Starting at the long side closest to you, lift the plastic wrap and turn the edge of the dough onto itself.
- Continue lifting the plastic wrap to roll up the dough, forming a log by rolling the rectangle away from you. (If dough sticks to the plastic wrap, use a knife or a metal cake spatula and gently separate dough from wrap.)
- Place seam-side down.
- Push uneven ends in towards the center of the log.
- Cut the log in half, then divide each half into 4 evenly sized pieces.
- Arrange the slices, cut side down, in the prepared pan.
- Cover rolls with plastic wrap or a towel.
- Let rise in a warm place about 1 hour.
- Pour warmed cream over the rolls. (The warm cream will make the cinnamon sugar center creamy and not grainy)
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Bake until the rolls are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a roll comes out clean, 22 to 25 minutes.
- While the rolls are baking, combine the cream cheese, butter and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually beat in the confectioners’ sugar and continue to beat until thoroughly combined, stopping the mixer to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Transfer the pan with the rolls to a wire rack and let cool slightly.
- Spread the rolls with the frosting while they are still warm.
- Pull the rolls apart and serve warm.
- Share. Eat. Smile.
Refrigerate the remaining Pizza Crust Mix for another batch of cinnamon rolls or for one 12-inch pan pizza. (Remember, when making the 12-inch pan pizza, to cut the ingredients in half.) See the recipe below.
1 12-inch Pan Pizza
- 2 cups + 3 Tbsp MinusG Artisan Pizza Mix (the remaining pizza mix)
- ½ cup + 2 tsp warmed water
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup tapioca starch (for pressing out).
- In a electric mixing bowl, combine the ingredients together. (The water should be just warm, registering between 100-110˚F. If it is hotter, allow to cool slightly.)
- Follow the pizza pan or pizza stone instructions on the bag and bake.
- Eat. Enjoy.