Funnel Cakes instantly make the world a sweeter place. We've all stood in line both for deep-fried funnel cakes and the Ferris wheel, right? So let's bring that memorable fair food experience home, minus the lines and the gluten! Made by pouring batter directly into hot oil and fried until golden, and topped with plenty of powdered sugar then eaten while crisp and warm…wow. Sooo good!
Gluten-free Funnel Cake Recipe
- 1 c. MinusG Pie Crust Mix
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ⅔ c. + 1 Tbsp. milk of choice
- 1 egg or "Just Egg"
- 1 - 2 tsp. GF vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Heat 6 cups of oil in deep fryer at 350 degrees or in a 6-8" skillet tested with a thermometer. Line a baking sheet with paper towel.
- Stir together pie crust mix, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- In an medium bowl, whisk milk, egg, vanilla and oil together.
- Add dry mix into milk mixture in thirds until fully blended.The mixture will be like thick pancake batter.
- With a squeeze bottle, cut the tip opening to measure about 1/8-1/4” opening. Spoon in batter. Squeeze the batter into the oil making squiggly patterns in a circular shape until the pan is full of batter.
- Fry for 1:15 minutes. Use metal tongs to flip and fry another 1:15min. Remove and place onto the paper towel to absorb the excess oil. Let cool slightly.
- Serve Fair Style: Lay a napkin in the center of a paper plate. Place funnel cake top side down onto the plate. Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar and serve.