Treat Mom to a special Mother's Day brunch with build-your-own crepes. Prepare a crepe for each family member, fill with whipped cream, and let everyone help themselves to toppings -- strawberry puree, honey whipped cream, fresh berries, or even sauté onions with mushrooms and spinach for a savory twist topped with a dollop of sour cream.
- 1cup Aunt Katherine's Yummy Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1½ c milk or milk substitute
- 2 eggs or egg substitute
- 2 Tbsp melted butter or sunflower oil
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
- In a blender, combine pancake mix, milk, eggs, and melted butter.
- In a crepe pan (we used a 6-inch pan), over medium heat, melt about 1 tsp butter to coat the pan evenly.
- Lift the pan and pour 2 Tbsp of batter into the center and tilt pan to spread batter to the edges.
- Return pan to the heat and crepe is golden underneath, about 1-2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, flip the crepe over and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and cover. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Serve with fresh, sweetened whip cream. ~ Bon appétit!