Who can deny the crispy, slightly sweet, perfectly fried lure of a corn dog? Luckily, these corndogs are super easy to make at home. The batter fries up quickly and supercrispy—just like any good corn dog should be!
Gluten-Free Corn Dogs
- 1 cup MinusG Pancake Mix
- ¾ c. cornmeal
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 egg
- ½ c. milk room temp
- 8 GF Hot Dogs
- Skewers cut to. 7"
- Pat hot dogs completely dry with paper towels, then skewer with long wooden skewers.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pancake mix, cornmeal, black pepper, cayenne and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and eggs, then pour into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour batter into a tall glass and let sit while oil heats.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add enough oil to come halfway up the sides and heat to 375°. Dip hot dogs into batter and coat evenly. Fry hot dogs, 4 to 5 at a time, until golden, 5 minutes, turning as necessary. Use tongs to remove from oil and place on a paper towel–lined plate. Fry remaining hot dogs, letting oil come back to temperature between batches.
- Serve warm with ketchup or mustard.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to see your creations. Tag @minusgbaking on Instagram or @MinusGBakingCo on Facebook. Happy baking!