There's a kid inside of each of us. Who can resist ice cream and cookies? We love chocolate chip cookies and pairing it with ice cream is the best fit! Try swaping out the classic vanilla ice cream with your favorite flavor. Coffee ice cream is another great fit!
Chocolate-chip Cookie Ice-cream Sandwich
For Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 MinusG Mmmmm--good! Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
1 stick of Butter
1/2 tsp GF Vanilla
1 gallon classic Vanilla Ice Cream or your favorite flavor (slightly softened)
- Prepare and bake the cookies according to package directions.
- Cool completely
- When completely cooled: Scoop and spread about 1/4 cup of ice cream slightly softened onto the back side of a cookie.
- Put another cookie back onto the ice cream and gently press to form a sandwich.
- Continue the same with the rest of the cookies and ice cream.
- Serve immediately or place on a cookie sheet and put into the freezer until ready to serve.
For Chocolate Chip Bar Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches:
- Prepare cookie dough according to the package directions.
- Press the batter into a 10X15 jellyroll pan lined with parchment paper.
- Spread with a knife and finish with buttered hands to press the dough out evenly. (The dough may be a little sticky)
- Bake for 22 - 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool completely.
- Cut the cookie in half and remove half onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Scoop out small portions of ice-cream onto half of the cookie. Spread evenly across the surface.
- Place the other cookie half on top of the ice cream bottom side up.
- Gently press together.
- Place on a cookie sheet and put into the freezer for 30min or until firm.
- Remove to cut into rectangular bars and serve.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to see your creations. Tag @minusgbaking on Instagram or @MinusGBakingCo on Facebook. Happy baking!