Buttermilk pancakes are delicious, buttery and fluffy with golden, crisp edges and an irresistible buttermilk flavor. It's a perfect balance of sweet, salty and tang so you can quench your pancake craving whenever it hits with Buttermilk Pancakes! They are delicate, yet hold up to a good drizzling of hot syrup! I usually have everything on hand for these easy to make pancakes. Be sure to serve them piping hot, fresh off the griddle! I can taste them now.
Prep: 10 min. Cook Time: 5 min.
Make: 6-8 pancakes
- 1 ¼ c. Aunt Katherine's Yummy Pancake & Waffle Mix
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp. GF vanilla extract
- Mix together pancake mix and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk, egg, butter, extracts in a small bowl. Pour the buttermilk mix into pancake mixture and stir until combined well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Pour about ¼ cup of pancake batter onto skillet for each pancake.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until bottom is golden brown and edges begin to bubble, then carefully flip and cook on the other side for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Serve with warm syrup and whipped butter.
Note: If your pancakes are pale on the underside yet bubbles are breaking on the surface then your heat is too low.
If your pancakes are golden or brown on the underside before bubbles begin to break on the surface then your heat is too high.