Buttermilk pancakes are delicious, buttery and fluffy with golden, crisp edges and an irresistible buttermilk flavor. It's a perfect balance of sweet, salty and tang so you can quench your pancake craving whenever it hits with Buttermilk Pancakes! They are delicate, yet hold up to a good drizzling of hot syrup! I usually have everything on hand for these easy to make pancakes. Be sure to serve them piping hot, fresh off the griddle! I can taste them now.
Prep: 10 min. Cook Time: 5 min.
Make: 6-8 pancakes
- 1 ½ c. Aunt Katherine's Yummy Pancake & Waffle Mix
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp. GF vanilla extract
- Preheat griddle or nonstick pan over medium-low heat.
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix and soda.
- In another bowl, whisk egg until no yellow streaks appear. Add buttermilk melted butter and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and using a spatula, fold the two together. The batter should be light and with a few lumps.
- Set the batter aside for a good 10 minutes to let rest and settle the ingredients into each other while heating up your pan or griddle.
- Lightly grease griddle and pour ¼ cup batter onto griddle. When bubbles form on top, and bottom is lightly browned, flip and cook for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread melted butter on top and place in a stack.
- Serve with warm syrup and whipped butter.
Note: If your pancakes are pale on the underside yet bubbles are breaking on the surface then your heat is too low.
If your pancakes are golden or brown on the underside before bubbles begin to break on the surface then your heat is too high.
Did you make this recipe? Use hashtag #minusg to share your photos. We'd love to see your creations. And be sure to tag @minusgbaking on Instagram. Happy baking!