These are the perfect gluten-free Easter treats. They're easy to make and perfect for brunch or dinner! Sweeten the dough to serve with fruit or keep savory as written. Made from our fool-proof pizza crust mix, these cute bunny-shaped rolls are buttery, light, and are the cutest addition on your Easter table.
Makes 6 servings.
Prep time: 25 min, Rise time: 30 min. Bake time: 25 min.
- ½ c. + 2 tsp warm water
- 3 Tbsp non-flavored oil, like grapeseed oil.
- 1 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 bag of MinusG Artisan Pizza Mix Single Size
- or 2 cups + 3 Tbsp MinusG Artisan Pizza Mix Family Size (refrigerate remaining mix after opening)
- ½ c. cornstarch or starch of choice (for rolling out)
- 1 egg (whipped for brushing on top)
- Egg-free? Brush oil or DF butter
- 2 Tbsp softened butter or DF butter (for brushing on top)
- coarse sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Heat water in the microwave for 30 seconds. (The water should be warm, registering between 100-110˚F. Test water temp with your finger. If it's too hot for your finger allow to cool.)
- In an electric stand mixer bowl, add oil, egg, baking powder, and 2 cup + 3 Tbsp pizza crust mix and warmed water.
- Using the paddle, combine on low speed and beat 2-3 minutes.
- Lay two 15-inch long pieces of plastic wrap on your work surface, slightly overlapping and sprinkle with starch.
- Scrape dough onto the plastic wrap. Dust with more starch to keep fingers from sticking. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Roll each into a rope about 14-inch long. Cut ½-inch piece of the end and roll into a ball for the tail. Fold the dough rope in half, and loosely twist twice to form the body of the bunny. Place on the parchment paper. Place the bunny tail dough ball into the folded end of the twist. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Let bunnies rise about 30-40 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 375°
- Brush the tails with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Bake bunnies for 23-25 minutes until the tops are a golden brown and the edges look cooked. Remove and brush with butter.